VA WARN Members
The purpose of VA WARN is to provide a method whereby water and wastewater utilities that have sustained damages from natural or manmade events could obtain emergency assistance in the form of personnel, equipment, materials and other associated services as necessary from other water and wastewater utilities and obtain assistance before a local, state or federal emergency declaration is issued. The objective is to provide rapid, short-term deployment of emergency services to restore the critical operations of the impacted utility as soon as possible.
Utility performance is increased by being able to tap into resources that would not otherwise be available without the WARN network; being a member of WARN enhances management performance by being proactive and planning for either man made or natural emergencies.
Membership in VA WARN is open to all public and private water and wastewater systems operating within the Commonwealth of Virginia. To become a member, the following actions must be completed:
- Download the Mutual Aid Agreement (MAA).
- Submit the MAA to your governing body to obtain authority for your chief administrative officer to execute the MAA.
- Download the Authorized Representative Form and provide the information requested.
- Send the following documents to the address shown below:
- Copy of the MAA adopted authorizing resolution/ordinance
- An executed MAA
- Completed Authorized Representative Form
P. O. Box 11992
Lynchburg, VA 24506-1992
Upon receiving the documents, an account will be established for your utility in the VA WARN web site. A "user name" and a temporary "password" will be established. You will be notified when the account is established; upon receiving notification, please Login to change your password and verify the information for your Utility. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Geneva Hudgins.